Duty Station: Arusha
The School of St Jude is a charity funded NGO that provides a FREE, high-quality education to almost 1,900 Primary and Secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha. The School is growing fast as number of students is increasing and so we need more human resources to sustain our needs and be able to fulfil our mission.
We are seeking a creative energetic individual to lead our Fundraising Team based in Arusha, Tanzania at the School of St Jude.
To positively impact the communication and fundraising efforts of The School of St Jude.
- To be responsible and oversee all supporter communications initiatives.
- To oversee development and maintenance of correspondence on ground presentations/meetings for all donors to nurture the relationship between St Jude’s and donors
- To manage and administer the School’s donor database system to support the data needs and administrative processes of the School.
- To provide training, troubleshooting and other support for users, and ensure the integrity of and manage the flow of data between the modules and other databases used by the School, and provide ongoing backup support for users of the database.
- To oversee all the communications with our VIP donors and internally across all business units.
- To be responsible for the successful management of the schools Sponsorship Program.
- To oversee and develop effective marketing strategies for the school, including the website and online social networking sites; create exceptional PR opportunities and nurture relationships with supporters.
- Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges
- Perform any other duties as you may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field such as Marketing, Design and/or Public Relations
- Minimum of three years’ experience in digital marketing
- Experience in cause related marketing or fundraising
- Managerial skills
- Extraordinary communication and networking skills
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be flexible, open-minded, tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
- Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers
A minimum commitment of 24 months is expected.
International volunteers receive a comfortable monthly living allowance, which is enough to live on but not enough to fund travel around Africa. For further information regarding volunteering at The School of St Jude please visit our website http://www.schoolofstjude.org/join-us/volunteer.html
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com
. Applications should be sent by 16th December, 2016
SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER